Often, we attend seminars or workshops that we really like and say, “I am going to do all these things right away”. Your team/family rolls their eyes and gives you about 24 hours before you are “back to normal."
This checklist was designed for you to pick one or two (no more) practices to focus on for the whole month. Then, the second month, you pick another one or two. And so on.
You On Your Best Day Checklist
- Have you really been “present” at every meeting?
- Did you contribute to the good of the group?
- Did you actually help anyone to do his/her job better?
- Did you do some sort of physical warm-up to begin the day?
- Did you like your physical appearance when you left the house?
- Did you plan to arrive to work early?
- Did you state your objectives for the day?
- Did you try a variety of tactics to “win” your objective?
- Did you greet people you passed during the day?
- Did you include a smile with each greeting?
- Did you call people by name?
- Did you listen before you spoke?
- Did you precede each negative remark with a positive one?
- Did you find at least one person you could praise with specifics?
- Did you offer a concrete suggestion to someone to upgrade performance?
- Did you “check in” with someone on a personal basis?
- Did you take at least one break today?
- Did you begin and end your day at home or on the road with something non-work related?
- Did you have any fun today at all?
- Did you raise your stakes a little higher than you normally would?
- Was everybody with whom you came in contact today a little better afterwards?